“Best Chefs” Fête to Benefit Children’s Hospital & Culinary Scholarships
Children’s Hospital and the American Culinary Federation – New Orleans will honor 30+ top Louisiana chefs at the annual Best Chefs of Louisiana event at Generations Hall on Tuesday, April 8, from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
The event includes the honoring of this year’s chefs, a silent auction, live band, and, of course, great food. It benefits the hospital’s Emergency Transport Program, which includes the only helicopter dedicated solely to pediatric transport in Louisiana, and ACFNO’s Culinary Scholarship Fund.
30+ Top Louisiana Chefs to Be Honored
On Tuesday, April 8, 2014, Enjoy the company and the cooking of 30+ top Louisiana chefs… all to benefit the American Culinary Federation – New Orleans’s Culinary Scholarship Fund and Children’s Hospital’s Emergency Transportation Program. This is one culinary experience you don’t want to miss. Here are just a few of the chefs that will be in attendance on Tuesday, April 8th…
- Andrea Apuzzo of Andrea’s
- Chris Montero of café b & Café NOMA
- John Folse of R’evolution
- Tenney Flynn of GW Fins
- Adolfo Garcia of High Hat
- Ben Thibodeaux of Dickie Brennan’s Tableau
- Daniel Causgrove of The Windsor Court
- Darin Nesbit of Dickie Brennan’s
- Dominique Macquet of Dominique’s on Magazine
- Eric Damidot of The Hyatt Hotel
- Glen Hogh of Vega Tapas Café
- Greg Sonnier of Kingfish
- Guy Reinbolt of Broussard’s
- Kevin Belton of N.O. School of Cooking
- Phillip Lopez of Root, Square Root
- Steven Marsella of Ralph Brennan’s Catering
- Thierry Connault of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel
- Tory Stewart of Jubilee
Pastry Chefs and Up-and-Coming Chefs will also be honored.
Here’s a short video showing highlights from last year’s Best Chefs of Louisiana:
Best Chefs = Best Food
With 30+ local Louisiana chefs in attendance, you know the food will be excellent!
Check out some of the dishes you will find on the tables at Generations Hall on April 8th… Doesn’t it just make your mouth water!?
- Crabmeat Ravioli
- Creole Turtle Soup
- Creole Roasted Duck Debris on French Bread
- Lobster Dumplings
- Oysters Brochette
- Ginger-Braised Short Rib
- BBQ Duck w/ pimento cheese grits
- Charred Wagyu Beef
- Chappapeela Pork Butt BBQ Stone Grits
- Moorish Pork w/ Horseradish Cream
- Crawfish & Cornbread Stuffed Mirliton
- George’s Banks Sea Scallops
- Alligator Sauce Piqante
- American Red Snapper Crudo
- Herb Roasted Stuffed Rabbit
- Seared Red Fish w/ Herbsaint slaw
- Crispy Pork Belly and Shrimp
- Lechon-Roasted Pig
For Tickets and More Information…
Tickets to the Best Chefs Louisiana event are $75 each, available at www.acfno.org and by phone at (504) 896-9375.