I made up this recipe for stuffed pasta a few years ago by combining my favorite bits and pieces of other recipes. I debuted it to others at my sister’s baby shower three+ years ago and it’s been a hit ever since. I’m happy to share it with you.
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage (or squeeze it out of the casings)
- 1 container Ricotta cheese (or small curd cottage cheese)
- ½ cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella,
- 1 bunch fresh Spinach, washed and chopped
- 2 eggs Manicotti tubes, or jumbo shells, or other pasta for stuffing.
- Spaghetti sauce, prepared earlier
- Boil pasta until al dente, drain.
- Brown and crumble Italian sausage, drain.
- In bowl, combine cooked sausage, breadcrumbs, ricotta cheese, parmesan, mozzarella, eggs and chopped spinach.
- Stuff into manicotti shells (or jumbo shells).
- Top with spaghetti sauce. Bake 350°F for 25-30 minutes until warmed throughout and bubbly.
You can adjust this recipe to make a little or a lot. You can also put the stuffed pasta in a pan and freeze it for later.Image courtesy of ginnerobot on Flickr.com.