Since I had Catholic Foodie episode 30 playing while I cooked tonight-and we were having our version of crawfish cakes-I thought you’d like our simple easy “recipe”/menu.
This dish has a yummy “restaurant” taste but is easy to pull together for a family after work or fun day.
Our quick and easy dinner:
- 1 box of Rice a Roni Long Grain & Wild Rice original, prepared as pacage directs.
- 3 green onion, chopped
- Kroger (store brand) Superior Crawfish Cakes (pre-made at the meat/fish counter and sold on sale from time to time.)4 in a package
- Asparagus, steamed as you like it.
- Pecan pieces sauteed in 1 TBS butter
- Saute pecan pieces in butter for about 3-5 minutes on low. (Butter melts, then cooks the pecan flavor throughout… Learned this trick from The Landing restaurant at Nachitoches. YUM!)
- Steam Asparagus – place in dish and pour melted pecan butter over it.
- Place crawfish cakes on baking stone and cook in oven 375F for about 10 minutes, turn, cook another 5-10 minutes.
- (As package directs) Spoon rice on plate, sprinkle with green onion, top with crawfish cake and place asparagus around the sides of the plate.
For those of your listeners who are doing Weight Watchers, 1 cup of rice is 3 pts, 1 crawfish cake is 3 pts, the asparagus is 0 pts and the butter (depending on what you use) is 2 pts.Image courtesy of mingaling on Flickr.com.