Welcome to The Catholic Foodie Show on You-supported Real Life Radio. I’m your host Jeff Young, The Catholic Foodie. Stick with me today as I catch you up on some recent happenings in and around my kitchen. We are going to talk biscuits today… Drop Biscuits, to be exact. I’ll give you the recipe that I use to make biscuits for Sunday breakfasts… and we’ll preview a little game I’m thinking about starting here on The Catholic Foodie Show.
Thank you for listening to The Catholic Foodie Show. You know, you can always be a part of the show. Call me at 985-635-4974 and leave me a voice message. I can play your message here on the show, and I would love to do so. That number again is 985-635-4974.
You know, we say that Real Life Radio is You-supported. And that might just pique your curiosity. If it does, you can find out why we say it and how it benefits you by going to RealLifeRadio.com and clicking on the Care to Share link.
In many ways, this radio thing is an experiment. I am in the studio right now, but I am looking forward to creating radio content in my own kitchen, and in restaurants. As a matter of fact, we are going to step into my kitchen in just a bit so that I can teach you how I make Drop Biscuits… a Sunday family favorite in our house.
Here are some of the things I discussed on today’s The Catholic Foodie Show:
- Meals Ministry for New Moms… an excellent and much-needed and much-appreciated parish ministry. What a joy and a blessing it is to receive the loving gift-of-self given by fellow parishioners and we recuperate from childbirth.
- Q&A Session with Sarah Vabulas, The Catholic Drinkie last week… I will share parts of that conversation on the show this week.
- A couple of upcoming events… I don’t have all the details yet, but it looks like I am going to be at the Catholic Marketing Network Trade Show in New Jersey toward the end of July… the 22 and 23, I believe. I will then fly home to cook for 100 people for an event called Thirst for Truth… which is basically Theology on Tap for “older folks.” Not only will my wife and I be cooking for this event, but I am actually the guest speaker for the evening. I will be sharing culinary stories of food and faith from my pilgrimage to the Holy Land last year. That pilgrimage was also the basis for my book, Around the Table with The Catholic Foodie: Middle Eastern Cuisine. If you are going to be at the Catholic Marketing Network’s trade show, or it you are going to be in the greater New Orleans area on the 22, 23, or 24 of July, come by and see me. I’ll be signing books too. So you can pick one up for yourself and get one to give away as a gift.
- Sunday breakfast traditions and the recipe for Drop Biscuits.
- Excellent short video by Greg Willits‘ Caffeine & Catholicism series. It’s called 5 Best Meals at a Catholic Church.
- Monday is Red Beans & Rice Day in New Orleans so I will give you my recipe for Red Beans & Rice.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
To listen to the show, click the player below.
Watch Greg Willits’ Caffeine & Catholicism Video: 5 Best Meals at a Catholic Church