Jessica Griffith and Jonathan Ryan are pilgrims. Sick pilgrims, to be exact. And they are on a mission to remind us all that we are pilgrims here on earth. A major part of their mission is to equip and rally together what they call servant artists, artists who draw back the veil of the Mystery through their work, which they perform in the service of the world.
Jessica and Jonathan join me around the table today to talk about Sick Pilgrim, Catholic Weird, Mystery and sacrament, October and ghost stories, and, of course, servant artists. Oh, and we may have talked about the mystique of New Orleans. Once. OK, maybe twice.
This show in particular brought me great joy. I’m delighted to have had the opportunity to hang out with Jessica and Jonathan, and I hope we can do it again soon. [Hint. Hint.]
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Click the Play button below to listen to the show. You can always right-click and save-as to download the show for listening later.
Links from the Show
- Sick Pilgrim blog
- Jessica Mesman Griffith – Author Website
- Jonathan Ryan – Author Website
- “Trying to Say God” Catholic Literary Conference
Books by Jessica Mesman Griffith
- Love and Salt: A Spiritual Friendship in Letters
- A Book of Grace-Filled Days 2016
- Daily Inspiration for Women: Seasons of a Woman’s Life
- Godspy, Faith at the Edge: A New Generation of Catholic Writers on Life, Love, Sex, and Other Mysteries
- Becoming Fire: Spiritual Writing from Rising Generations
Books by Jonathan Ryan
And Just for Fun
A bit of New Orleans / Catholic Weird… for your viewing pleasure!
Created with flickr slideshow.