Loyola Press’s new series, Food and Faith, explores how Catholics feed their faith through the culinary arts. In the lead-up to Thanksgiving, discover fascinating stories about a food and faith pilgrimage to Jerusalem and Tuscany, a 91-year-old “Queen of Creole Cuisine” who pours faith into her cooking, a full-service restaurant for the hungry run by Franciscans, and a prayerful exercise in mindful eating.
As you peruse the collection, you’ll discover the inspiring (and surprising) ways food can nourish our relationship with God. So take a seat and share how you express your faith through food!
STORIES OF CATHOLIC CULINARY INSPIRATION TO BOOST YOUR FAITH:
- A Cool Catholic Foodie: http://www.loyolapress.com/catholic-blogger-whisks-together-faith-and-food.htm
- How to Feed Your Family’s Spirituality: http://www.loyolapress.com/the-power-of-family-meals.htm
- 91-year-old “Queen of Creole Cuisine who pours her faith into her cooking: http://www.loyolapress.com/91-year-old-queen-of-creole-cuisine.htm
- A Chef-Turned-Jesuit Who Serves up his Faith at the Table: http://www.loyolapress.com/chef-turned-jesuits-faith-served-at-the-table.htm
- The Patron Saints of the Culinary Arts: http://www.loyolapress.com/the-patron-saints-of-the-culinary-arts.htm
- How Monks Revolutionized Beer: http://www.loyolapress.com/how-monks-revolutionized-beer-and-evangelization.htm
- Franciscan Friars Serve Hungry in Full-Service Restaurants: http://www.loyolapress.com/franciscan-friars-serve-the-hungry.htm
- An Exercise in Mindful Eating: http://www.loyolapress.com/practice-mindful-eating-with-this-short-exercise.htm
- A Stepmom who Connected to her New Family at the Table: http://www.loyolapress.com/family-dinners.htm
More Stories Coming Soon!
Keep a lookout on LoyolaPress.com as we approach Thanksgiving. More faith-building foodie stories will be served up soon! And tell a friend too. We could all use a bit of Catholic culinary inspiration as we enter the holiday (and holy day!) season!