Lisa Schmidt of ThePracticingCatholic.com Joins Us on the Show!
I know this happened a couple of weeks ago, but we are still in Lent, and there is a lot of value in the conversation I am sharing with you today.
A couple of weeks ago, Lisa Schmidt of ThePracticingCatholic.com joined us on the Around the Table Food Show to talk about a new initiative she is taking on this Lent: Soup & Stories. Lisa and Joel Schmidt are the husband and wife blogging team behind ThePracticingCatholic.com.
In addition to the regular roles of husband/wife and father/mother, Joel is currently preparing to be ordained to the permanent diaconate and Lisa is determined to master the art of soup preparation this Lent. Listen to the show to get the inside scoop!
Soup Recipes from The Practicing Catholic
Here are a few of the delicious soups you will find at ThePracticingCatholic.com:
- Albondigas by Diana von Glahn (The Faithful Traveler)
- Gazpacho by Kelly Wahlquist
- Ew Stew (otherwise known as Caldo Gallego) by Maria Morera Johnson
- Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli by Shelly Kelly
- Seafood Chowder by Fr. Guerric Letter
- …And many more!
Soup Recipes from The Catholic Foodie
And here are a few of my own soup recipes. The ones I include here are all meatless. Enjoy!
- Lebanese Spinach and Lentil Soup (which will be featured in my soon-to-be-released cookbook by Liguori Publications!)
- Retro (Classic) Tomato Soup (with Grilled Cheese!)
- Shrimp & Okra Gumbo
- Lentils & Rice Soup
- Shrimp Bisque
Let Me Hear From You!
I would love to hear from you!
Here are a few ways that you can connect with me online and help to spread the word and mission of The Catholic Foodie: